Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Boban watch. was 2020 playoff Mavericks 1 Chance has almost No Chance to be Used
(09-23-2020, 12:53 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(09-23-2020, 12:43 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: Jokic is doing what to some extent Boban could have done for Dallas

Dahlsim, have some mercy on us, pal! I think you jumped the shark with the Jokic/Boban stuff, and I love me some Bobi. And I already read all the arguments to the contrary, so no need to retype it, pal. 

I knew Jack Kenedy, er, I mean Jokic. And Boban is no Jokic.

I know that's the common thought many fans have but Boban's elite scoring efficiency, skilled passing, inside and midrange game (be interesting to see what he might do if he got more 3's) and his rebounding are facts. 

Its at NBA historic levels.  
Quote:For example, Marjanovic has a career Player Efficiency Rating[size=small][font=Roboto, arial, sans-serif] of 26.4, with 186 games and 1,819 minutes played. If he met the qualifiers, that would put him at No. 5 in NBA history, only behind Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Anthony Davis, and Shaquille O'Neal.

Obviously, I'm not trying to compare Marjanovic's overall body of work to those all-time NBA greats, but it does give you a glimpse of just how efficient he is, while only playing a little under 10 minutes per game for his career to this point.

That is why Stan Van Gundy and Popovich made the comments I have cited and referenced. 

Yes, Boban is not exactly Jokic, no two players are exactly the same anyway, but That's why I beat the drum.  Boban is essentially a guy who can give you All Star performance over smaller spurts.  The facts show that even this season and in the recent playoffs.  I do not suggest he would do the same over Jokic minutes, but he certainly could have done it in more important spurts than he gets with Coach Carlisle. 
It's just something I tend to do 15th when I see common assumptions fly in the face of facts.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 playoff Mavericks 1 Chance has almost No Chance to be Used - by Dahlsim - 09-23-2020, 01:01 PM