Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Boban watch. was 2020 playoff Mavericks 1 Chance has almost No Chance to be Used
(09-16-2020, 08:44 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: You guys are pretty funny.  You don't address any of the things that are actually posted, you just responding by saying "Well why didn't these other guys play & pay him more?" Tongue as though that settles how much he should play no matter what we actually see on the floor. 

I think the difference is that I don´t think they are being serious. Coaches say similar things about their former players all the time. Just a few quotes from our very own RC.

"He’s the kind of guy you never want to get rid of or let go in a trade, but things happen in this league and he’s been a winning, productive player at every stop that he’s been"

"I have great respect for him, because he helped us win 99 games in two years and we wouldn’t have come closer without him. We’re really grateful for what he did for us and as always you’ve got to game-plan your butt off to get ready to play him."

That´s what polite and nice coaches do. When Brandan Wright was signing with Houston in 2018 RC went out of his way to praise him even though the entire league knew that he was done.

(09-16-2020, 08:44 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: Its funny how none of you comment at all on Shaq's comments about Boban being maybe as important as the the 3rd potential impact player on the Mavericks, especially during that Clipper series, which sounds strange until you actually look at the + rating in his limited minutes on the floor versus when he was off the floor. 

Shaq loves oldschool bigman. I wonder why Big Grin . They obviously won´t call him a random role player on live TV.
The +/- numbers are easily explained when you look at Harrell and Zubac numbers. I already did it in detail and won´t repeat myself.

(09-16-2020, 08:44 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: I have not seen a comment about Bobi's monster game performances like the one on video there against the great Nikola Jokic or his big + impact minutes in the series against the Clippers or the game where he was +10 only to be cut short and glued to the bench when the team started getting killed by those Clips.   

Was the last game of the regular season. Players were informed about the COVID break midway through the game. Absolutely loved to see Boban do his thing but that game had zero intensity afterwards. The game actually is a good example to show the good and bad about Boban. He did not do much in the 1st half and in the 3rd quarter the Mavs gave up a big run because the Nuggets were hitting open shot after open shot because the Mavs couldn´t guard the perimeter with Boban on the floor. When the Nuggets cooled down in the 4th quarter he started to dominate and scored more than half of his points.

I have mentioned his great performance in the matchup with Harrell multiples times. Not really sure what else you want me to say. RC rarely used him against Zubac or Green because it did not work as good.

(09-16-2020, 08:44 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: Just keep repeating "but, but, nobody gave him a lot of minutes!". 

What else am I supposed to do. You are ignoring anything that we say and happened. It´s a fact. Get over it.

(09-16-2020, 08:44 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: On offense, it doesn't matter to this point exactly how Jokic scores.  Either the offense is more efficient or not.  Either the rebounding is better or not. 
I'm saying Jokic was called "unstoppable" on offense by Doc Rivers and Boban can be just as unstoppable if his actual usage were high, no matter where his offense would be initiated from. 

Not even sure what I can respond to a post like this. Jokic is on a Dirk/Doncic level as a offensive anchor. He is not just scoring or rebounding more or more efficient. Jokic was not unstoppable because he had big boxscore numbers or good shooting percentages. He was unstoppable because Doc could not find a scheme to stop him. Zone, double teams, big defender/small defender. He did what ever he wanted no matter the matchup or scheme.
I don´t need to fantasies about Boban being just as good on a higer usage. I saw what happened when he was matched up with Zubac and he wasn´t unstoppable. RC saw the same things and made the right adjustments.

Not to mention that Jokic looks like prime Hakeem on defense compared to Boban. That´s why the whole "either the offense is more efficient or not / rebounding is better or not talk" is just dishonest. We all know that´s not the case. The Mavs do not even try to play their usual defensive scheme when Boban is on the floor and try to hide him in a zone. Everything he does on offense comes with a price. Sometimes it is worth it. Sometimes it isn´t.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 playoff Mavericks 1 Chance has almost No Chance to be Used - by dirkfansince1998 - 09-17-2020, 12:09 AM