Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Boban watch. was 2020 playoff Mavericks 1 Chance has almost No Chance to be Used
(09-16-2020, 04:07 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(09-16-2020, 02:31 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: Not at all.  Just as Jokic torched the Clippers for instance with 22 killer rebounds Boban, in short minutes similarly torched the Clippers on the boards.  Isn't that a similarity that has impact on a game? 

It isn´t. Jokic wasn´t killing the Clippers on the offensive board. He collected def rebounds. That´s important but not really special. Jokic had 10 off rebounds in the entire 7 game series. That´s actually really bad for a center. Why? Because he spends most of the time on the perimeter. Be it as the ballhandler or screener.

(09-16-2020, 02:31 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: That strategy of sitting an extremely productive player and Assuming he can't do for a longer time  is almost as illogical as your post, but then I understand how short memories of fans can be. 

Oh. So we are getting a little bit snarky. Well...I´ll bite.

There is nothing that Jokic did in this series that relates to the way Boban played against them except for some post up touches against Harrell. If you just want to use every single great center performance to continue your season long rant about the lack of bigman minutes. Carry on.
Quote:Oh. So we are getting a little bit snarky. Well...I´ll bite.

Not at all personal my friend, all in good fun.  Heart 

My point is not to break down exactly what Boban does play for play vs. what Jokic does.  
I love Jokic and his game as much or more even Bobi's for todays game but I think it's foolish to ignore and discount the obvious similarities.  Boban is much more flexible than he's allowed to display and he's more dominating at the rim than Jokic imo. 

I don't mind discussing the same thing because it remains the same issue and I find it fascinating when people miss the nose on the their face looking at the trees and an interesting point glossed over more than it should be. 

I don't need someone elses validation to make my point, although its always nice to find it. 
Validation can be found in some of the Players like the Inside the NBA team or NBA coaches like Van Gundy who flat out says he regrets not playing Boban more and the great Greg Popovich who says he feels like an idiot not being in a position to resign Marjonovic due to contract.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2020 playoff Mavericks 1 Chance has almost No Chance to be Used - by Dahlsim - 09-16-2020, 04:28 PM