Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
(08-28-2020, 04:01 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: Does that mean you think all the big protests we have in recent months and strikes and boycotts haven't been in people's face enough?  You think they're ignoring the rioting, looting, burning and even killing that's been accompanying it all too? 
That's not impacting their lives but missing some NBA games is going to make them start doing something I guess?  Seriously?  
BTW is anyone going to boycott over some of the lives that continue to be murdered in the riots?  Some of them are black too. Does that make a difference? 

Honestly...Yes. I think many people in this country have developed a political numbness and just don´t care but looking at the reactions around the country and even on this board the NBA boycott certainly gets attention. That´s exactly how it should work.
Victims of racist attacks and targeting cannot choose when or where it happens but the rest of the country gets to choose when, where or if they want to think about it all? Not gone happen.

(08-28-2020, 04:01 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: Every player and executive and owner in the NBA has the same exact rights to protest that each of us do in every venue and method available to us all, including protests and boycotts.  
IF however a privately owned publicly accessible business officially takes sides and positions that makes it political organization, in no way neutral as an organization.   Sure, they have a right to do that too, but then shouldn't they should be classified as a political organization, with all the legal ramifications? 

And that´s what I have been telling you all along. There is no neutrality. The NBA just like any other sports league or big company has a political agenda. That´s nothing new. If you want to classify them as an political organization you need to do the same with every single private owned company, club or organization.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday - by dirkfansince1998 - 08-28-2020, 11:41 PM
Harris poll on NBA viewership decline - by mtrot - 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM