Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
(08-27-2020, 05:09 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Bottom line, most of you have never experienced being Black in America, what we go through on the daily, so your comments go on deaf ears to me. Its JUSTus.
I'll probably regret this, but what the hell.  You are right...I have never experienced being Black in America.  But I have experienced prejudice, and I DO see prejudice, racial tension and inequality almost every day.  Your contention that it is only you (Black people) is totally wrong.  "You" (Black people...Hispanic, Asian, etc.) will never achieve "equality" without the participation of "white people."  We should all be working together.  It's all of us...together. 

As for the police...they have lost their way.  Instead of serving and protecting the "public"...they now CONFRONT, ESCALATE, and ELIMINATE...the "public."  The police are politicized, so we must look to our politicians for help.  But "our" (yours and mine) politicians only care about their respective parties, solidifying personal power, and lining their own pockets.  So...you and me (Black and White, etc.) must work together to force change in this country.  Riots are not the answer.

I'm going to stop now because when I try to give advice to, or help young people (my family, etc.) it does indeed..."fall on deaf ears."
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players boycott games | All Game 5's are postponed and will be rescheduled - by ballsrchr - 08-27-2020, 05:58 PM
Harris poll on NBA viewership decline - by mtrot - 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM