Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
(08-26-2020, 04:23 PM)omahen Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 04:07 PM)fifteenth Wrote: OK, omahen, let's see if we can do this.

I will not continue. I guess for me as a foreigner, it is just impossible to understand the situation, the feelings and reasons behind the decisions made. I also can't understand how boycott would help solve anything and I think the league will suffer long term financial consequences of this decisions, as it can be clearly seen from forums how split the fans reactions are regarding the problem. 

Yeah, omahen, it's not like these issues are easy for anyone, foreigner, or US citizen. The thoughts I shared with you are mine and there are likely folks who would take me to task for how I talk about these things who are pro and anti protest, boycott, etc. Regarding "how (a) boycott would help solve anything", I think things have to happen outside of the NBA world for this to get "solved". And it may never get solved. But my guess is that the way a boycott could help accomplish what the players want to accomplish is to allow players to use their platform to shine light on injustice towards black folks in the U.S. Another guess by me is that many players and other NBA folks consider the current trend and opportunity to do something about a wound that's hundreds of years old is bigger than basektball.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players association in talks with players about potentially boycotting games - by fifteenth - 08-26-2020, 04:43 PM
Harris poll on NBA viewership decline - by mtrot - 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM