Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players boycott games | Playoffs resume Saturday
(08-26-2020, 03:55 PM)omahen Wrote: I just don't get it, world is going crazy. What do they even want? Are they in power to be the judge in a specific criminal case like Blake shooting? Are they in power to pass sentences based on some media news? Crazy!

OK, omahen, let's see if we can do this. I think you're question is potential boycott related. Realizing it will be impossible to answer your question and completely remove the wider topics from the discussion. So I'm going to either walk the line on the suggestions I made above, or go over the line a little. Le'ts see.

"What do they even want?"

They ultimately want for a long standing wound to be healed, and centuries old injustices to be addressed. But today, they are hurting because another black man was shot by police and are they considering using their platform to voice their heart break, anger and disapproval. They want to contribute.

"Are they in power to be the judge...."

A potential boycott has nothing to do with due process in determining the fate of the police officer who shot Jacob Blake. It has everything to do with attempting to express themselves regarding a growing tiddle wave of reaction to, not only police officers shooting black people, but to injustices and wounds that started in this country with slavery, and that have never fully or adequately been addressed or healed.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Players association in talks with players about potentially boycotting games - by fifteenth - 08-26-2020, 04:07 PM
Harris poll on NBA viewership decline - by mtrot - 09-04-2020, 01:39 PM