Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 111, Clippers 154
I don't know - watching the video it could be he ran to Luka to hurt him. Could also be he ran to him to bug him during the inbound (bugging Luka is surely part of Clippers game plan), Luka moved, Marcus moved too to guard him closely and came a bit closer than intended when Luka moved a bit and Marcus was reacting to that move, trying to get in a close guarding position. Could be something in between (e.g. he didn't avoid the contact as good has he could due to the "bug him" game plan in the back of his mind ).

For me it's in dubio pro reo and I don't see a clear intention to hurt Luka. Doesn't mean I like the guy.

Agree with the other posters: Effort was embarrassingly low, most of the game, especially on defense, lot's of the Bad Mavs we have seen during the "warmup games". Clippers where cooking, Paul George much better (Mavs failed to attack him after his third foul which could have broken his rhythm again). Refs where bad and should take a step back in handing out techs, especially when they have their fair share of bad calls.

My vague feeling is, Leonard and George are allowed to do things on offense that are called offensive foul when the Mavs do it - but overall Clippers are just much more physical and when the Mavs matched that in Game 4 they got away with it a lot, too (refs let both teams play in that one and took more of a backseat.)

Think Calisle was especially furious as his try to challange a call in a similar situation in in game one was rejected.

Hope Mavs tank is not empty, KP get's healthy and we beat them the next two games.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 111, Clippers 154 - by Jannemann2 - 08-26-2020, 11:25 AM