Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR & 8.5 Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
41.67%
5 41.67%
Clippers
58.33%
7 58.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 5: DAL (2-3) @ LAC (3-2) | 111-154 loss
(08-25-2020, 08:21 AM)michaeltex Wrote: A key factor I haven't heard discussed much is that the Mavs have proven in all four games that they can take what should be a knockout punch from the LACs and come back to keep it competitive.

It looks like Clippers are a better team when they are fully engaded. But as Doc Rivers said, they are worse psychologically. They just stop playing and allow Mavs to get back in. Happened in game 1 after that great start (they were saved by refs), happened again in game 4. Game 2 they didn't look right from the first second. Even game 3, while relatively safely cruising to the win, they never pushed away Mavs completely. 

I expect Clippers will start very aggresive from the beginning. I also expect they will work very hard not to switch on Luka PnR. They might even bench Harrell and Jackson who are both being abused on defense. We might see more of their small ball lineup. If they really are a contender, this is a game to show it. Winner of this game is very certain to take the series imho.

KP will be needed and his game very important for the Mavs - Luka will need help, as I expect Clippers to really focus on him this time. Maxi and DFS scoring a couple of open threes might be crucial. And please don't let George get back into this series. Destroy his rhytm from first second on.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFF GAME 5: DAL (2-2) @ LAC (2-2) | Aug 25, 8 pm | Mavs 7.0 pt dogs - by omahen - 08-25-2020, 09:51 AM