Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THJ is terrible and these MAVs will be swept by the Clippers
Some disturbingly overly positive takes on THJ in the last day or two... I'll say it again - he is, along with DFS, a candidate for the 5th-best starter on a contending team. THJ gives a lot more offense, DFS much more defense and rebounding. In any event, he remains exorbitantly overpaid. For the Mavs to extend his contract within $5 mil/year of his current deal would be front office suicide, as the team needs two more high-quality starters, and you can't have $15 mil/year plus tied up in your fifth-best player. I will never see it as other than a nightmare if the Mavs extend him for more than $14 mil/year to start. $11 mil/year would be a lot more palatable. 

I'm fine with him staying here. Keeping him at the expense of the improvements we desperately need to make is an over-my-dead-Mavs-fan-body proposition for me. If he opts into his player option (hard to imagine he doesn't), I want to see him traded for something better between then and the 2021 TDL, allowed to expire and create caproom, or re-signed on the cheap. Anything else is squandering Luka.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: THJ is terrible and these MAVs will be swept by the Clippers - by Scott41theMavs - 08-24-2020, 10:35 PM