Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 135, Clippers 133
(08-24-2020, 01:36 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Zinger-less Mavs Stun Clippers in Comeback Thriller

Series Tied at 2-2

Save this game for the grandchildren, Mavs fans! What a fantastic, improbable, gutsy win from your shorthanded Dallas Mavericks! We are witnessing the playoff birth of Luka the Legend!! 
Next. Game Five, on Tuesday. I’m still so pumped, I don’t know if I’m going to be able to sleep before then. I think I’m going to go find a Clippers podcast and listen to the game recap from their point of view. Heh! Heh! Heh!

That's some *really* good writing there ML.  You're always sharp but this great analysis, wit, all cylinders firing. Really on your game, raising it up with Luka and Mavs doing the same.  Big Grin

Our man Bobi is still the most productive really low minute guy I can think of in NBA history.  I think a smart insert there with the lead and low minutes could have avoided OT entirely but then we'd have lost the Luka drama I guess.  Sleepy   To be fair though, you pointed that the Maxi + Boban run earlier was disastrous, even if no fault of their own.  Maxi's defense and mobility have been key so he's earned minutes ... 

Let me digress from my normal YouRang commentary for a moment and 2nd you some  Heart for the other big 'B' on the Bench.  Wow Exclamation

Quote:Burke (38 min) - If it had not been for Luka’s all-universe play, we would be talking about Trey as the featured Mav. This man was a wonder, from start to finish. He made up for KP’s offense by putting up 25 points of his own on 10-14 shooting. He was 4-5 from three, grabbed five boards, and made a couple of timely steals. He worked every second defensively, having said that he is trying to change the narrative about himself as a one-way player. Came up REALLY big when he was needed the most. What a signing!

Seriously!  What a line.  He's another guy, like Boban, that based on his career Coach might have overlooked as a defensive liability and kept mostly benched.   To his credit and Carlisle's his talent and the impact he can have scoring did not get ignored. 

Just how good Burke, actually young Berea-like, can be is getting the best showcase he's ever had there in the Bubble. That sort of impact from Burke has not seen since he led Michigan to the NCAA championship game. 

The only thing not great about signing might be the contract length.  Shy
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 135, Clippers 133 - by Dahlsim - 08-24-2020, 01:17 PM