Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 135, Clippers 133
(08-24-2020, 04:12 AM)Derek Nowitzki Wrote: Mavsluvr, any thoughts on Maxi on the offensive end? I’m practically watching through my fingers every time he’s involved in a play... it’s pretty brutal at the minute.
Well, I can't say he was great. But it did seem like he wasn't as abysmal on that end as he has been, now that his defensive duties have been lightened a bit. Carlisle had MKG on Kawhi for a while, even DFS was on him here and there, and at some point, they started double-teaming Leonard in the paint.

As you probably know, he was 2-8 from the floor (0-5 from three). So I get the trepidation every time he takes a shot. At least he made three of his four free throws. 

This is a guy who completed 42% of his threes in the regular season. It's befuddling to see him not be able to buy a bucket. It seems like he's even hesitating, or trying to avoid shooting, when he can. He has to at least take those clean shots to try to keep the defense honest (I notice they're already cheating off him.).

The one place I think he is making a good impact on the offensive end is screening. And that is meaningful. But I'm not sure what has happened to his shooting stroke. You would think they might run a play or two getting him to the basket, so he doesn't get demoralized. 

I keep hoping he'll snap out of it. 

Do you have a view on the matter?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 135, Clippers 133 - by mavsluvr - 08-24-2020, 05:27 AM