Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 135, Clippers 133
Changing it to the light theme works, but it is ugly af, so after reading the first post, I switch back.

Thanks for the excellent and emotional recap, mavsluvr.

This game was one for the ages... I told my GF couple of minutes in to the second quarter, that this game was over. After we blew our lead in the fourth and started our standing-around-and-hoisting-threes offense, I once again was sure we were going to lose this. Luka making this shot is just something else... just wow.

If KP comes back healthy, we really have a shot in this best of three series.

We played much better, harder defensively but I think we also got lucky in the stretch when the Clippers couldn't buy a basket. They missed many open shots and we can't rely on this to happen again. Also while it's fun ripping on George, I still fear he might bounce back hard at some point. But let's focus on the positive: This team has heart, they have a great coach and they have Luka. Could be enough to upset the Clipprs - it's a lot of fun at the very least.

I think the key defensively was to sometimes double Kawhi and prevent him to get to his favorite spots. Kind of the Pop-strategy I alluded to in the last gamethread. Luckily, the others did not beat us.

In the next game, we might see more Kawhi on Luka, where he struggled towards the end of the game (maybe also due to fatigue). I hope Doc sticks to his (bad) plan and lets Luka torch the other guys who can't dream of containing him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 135, Clippers 133 - by meistermatze - 08-24-2020, 04:23 AM