Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 122, Clippers 130
(08-22-2020, 11:47 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 03:18 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: For all the Maxi haters from the game thread.

Game 3 numbers from ESPN:

Kawhi vs Maxi 8/18
Kawhi vs any other Mav 4/5

We certainly can talk about adjustments that give him a little more rest. Maybe some MKG. But there is no way to deny that Maxi is the best available option against Kawhi.

Silly to hate on Maxi. Give me a list of all the one on one Kawhi stoppers on the planet.

But game threadders gonna game thread

(08-22-2020, 11:26 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: This article takes the position that Maxi is doing a great job defending Kawhi, even though it isn't working --

https://lastnightinbasketball.substack.c...sible-task

I concur.

Maxi plays the move correctly. Kawhi scores.
I think he could force him left a little more, but otherwise we elected to have Kleber and Dorian take their superstars 1 on 1 and I´d say that part worked. Then it´s the responsibility of the others to step up on their individual effort and not allow roleplayers 62% FG percentage due to a lot of defensive lapses.

Also agree that they were well prepared and ready for Luka. Our offense was almost better without him.

I don´t think we can afford Jarrett Allen (11th in DRPM), if we want to strengthen other areas, but finding a player like him in the draft would be fantastic. Boban is a nice guy, but he just can´t play that role. Maybe WCS (8th in DRPM) can fix his conditioning issues and become that player next season (and long-term). Lots of interesting cheap options there.

Btw I hate how our historic offense has fallen apart without the $11M lob threat Dwight Powell. Still can´t believe some people acted like he´s some irreplaceable offensive mastermind. Big Grin
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 122, Clippers 130 - by Mavs2019 - 08-22-2020, 12:05 PM