Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 122, Clippers 130
First question: I almost can't read mavsluvrs opening posts in these threads - do I have to change something in my settings of display?

Overall, I think Kawhi was just too much to handle, especially essentially playing without Luka who, by his standards, had a no show. I know he almost recorded a triple double which is impressive but not surprising to us anymore, but like you said, the Clippers got to him. Morris tries to attack him every chance he gets and I have to say, he seems to be pretty successfull at getting under his skin. From a Clippers' perspective you have to love Morris, hits almost every open three, defends well, is scrappy - as an opponent, you are bound to hate him.

You mentioned the Mavs' strategy to not double Kawhi which I thinkt hey tried to do at the end of the third and beginning of the fourth, IIRC. Kawhi started to dish some great passes and had like 4 assists in a row. I fear he's too got of a passer to double him. If he continues to play like this, I'd let him have his way and try to contain the others. I don't know really, I think it's a matter of principle. Pop for example threw everything at Dirk and the Spurs dared somebody else to beat them. But since he got 34 and they managed to finde 100-somewhat points from somewhere else, I think it's save to assume that our defense overall has been subpar in this contest.

The stars have been cancelling each other out so far, this game Luka was off but KP stepped up and matched Kawhi. PG is ice-cold but I expect him to bounce back at some point and we need to be ready. I don't think the stars will decide this series, since both teams pretty much have 2. In an ideal world we would be up 2-1 right now, I think this series is still far from over (assuming Luka's injury will not prove severe) but we have to play better defense, period.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 122, Clippers 130 - by meistermatze - 08-22-2020, 08:18 AM