Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
LAC in 4
11.43%
4 11.43%
LAC in 5
40.00%
14 40.00%
LAC in 6
17.14%
6 17.14%
LAC in 7
0%
0 0%
DAL in 7
17.14%
6 17.14%
DAL in 6
11.43%
4 11.43%
DAL in 5
2.86%
1 2.86%
DAL in 4
0%
0 0%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS: WC 1st Rnd - (2) LAC (4-2) vs. (7) DAL (2-4) | DAL Eliminated
Just read through this whole thread. Seems like folks think the Clips are deep and Mavs only have 2 quality players. Or at least that's what things sounded like here before the series started.

2 games in, I am wondering where that Clipper depth has gone. If Beverly (listed as doubtful) can’t go, I only see 4 guys on that roster who could even get burn for the Mavs. Harrell and Zubac couldn’t take minutes from KP or Bobi. Reggie Jackson can’t defend or distribute. Green and Shamet have been downright awful (a collective -68 in 57 minutes). Morris plays his role extremely well. And Lou's instant offense is for real. But them and 2 stars just ain’t enough, is it?

Maybe I’m drinkin the homespice here. But I see Doe-Doe and Maxi playing great defense and bothering shots with their length and quickness. I see S. and Trey playing super-efficient O. Add in Bobi's record-setting performance and you’ve got 7 contributors to the Clip's 4. And THJ hasn’t been bad at anywhere close to a Jamychal Green level. He just hasn’t had a good game yet.

I’m wrong all the time, so grain of salt and such. But it looks to me like Kawhi and PG hafta outplay our stars by a mile just to give themselves a fighting chance. With a little help from the refs, maybe that happens. Playoff Luka, however, seems to think not.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFFS: WC 1st Round Series - (2) LAC (1-1) vs. (7) DAL (1-1) - by Jommybone - 08-21-2020, 01:49 PM