Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 127, Clippers 114
(08-20-2020, 06:53 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 05:59 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Totally serious, not a fluke.

Unless you consider Burke a fluke. I don't anymore, at least not in the bubble.

I think “streaky” or “inconsistent”. He can shoot you into a game (8 of 10 from 3 first game in the bubble) and out of a game (0-7 a few games later). His averages the last few years have been that of an average player. But his inconsistency is what had him on the street and available.

This is why I (and others) have talked about the need for “a better version of Burke” in the starting lineup. You can see how much more dynamic the team could be. I think Brunson is the Trent Dilfer of Super Bowl QB’s. He’s a game manager. Burke is more dynamic. Last night was like watching two different teams. The bench moves the ball. Luka running point gets a bit boring to watch (Harden is unwatchable to me). To me, a “better version of Burke” would allow the starters the chance to look more like the bench did last night. That would overwhelm teams.

You're essentially talking about taking the ball out of Luka's hands, which would be the most cataclysmically disastrous decision the Mavs could conceivably make right now (short of trading Luka for a beer, of course).
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 127, Clippers 114 - by Scott41theMavs - 08-20-2020, 07:36 PM