Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 127, Clippers 114
Great game! Great thread! My additions:

1. Luka's 7:1 assist-to-turnover ratio is the key to understanding what happened here. If sustainable, Mavs win this series. The strength of the Clips is the 3 brutes who play the 2, 3 and 4 spots. But KP is too long for them. And Luka appears to be too good.

2. Maxi's 10 boards impressed the heck out of me. At least half of them were hotly contested, by which I mean Clips players were taking free swings at his arms and face. And yet he held on. Reminds of Nellie's musing about young Dirk, how he’d never before seen a guy "become" a rebounder. Maybe there’s something Wurzburgy about that.

3. Kawhi has never looked shorter. Seriously. This Mavs team is looooooooooooong!

4. Trey's play last night looked like JJ back in 2011. Without Beverly, the Clips have no one with the speed to stay in front of him. Yes, the Clipper D is ferocious at the 2-4 positions. But KP, Bobi and Trey play around that sweet spot, not through it. If P.Bev can’t return to form in this series, Trey is gonna play more and more.

5. That +/- thing is getting weird. Seth +30 in his 26 minutes seems really odd. Bobi +12 in 10 too, although he’s Bobi, so odd is what we're accustomed to. But MKG -15 in just 5 minutes? How does that even happen? And Jamychal Green -21 in 13? These are crazy numbers! What’s going on?
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 127, Clippers 114 - by Jommybone - 08-20-2020, 10:44 AM