Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 127, Clippers 114
Trey Burke is going to make some money this offseason I think. Not sure Mavs can keep him. Obv if you can bring him back on a cheap deal as your 3rd PG he would be great. Otherwise Brunson is going to be the guy doing Trey Burke things but Brunson is a better overall player as he is excellent at running an offense, in addition to scoring. Burke is just playing all out every second he's out there, on defense as well. Playoffs show you that guys have another gear and it's perfect that we got him here as the Mavs really need him.

(08-20-2020, 08:47 AM)michaeltex Wrote: I like this Burke guy. He's a very good ball handler, efficient passer and knows how to score. He has blazing speed to the basket that was frustrating the LAC guards all evening, including 6th Man candidate Williams. I know he's small, but I hope he's part of the team next year. Right now I like his game better than Brunson's. Interested in how he plays the rest of the way.

The thing ab it is as much as I like Burke he really is a scorer and not much else. When his shots are going in and he's getting to the basket it's all great. And you need guys who are aggressive (vs extremely passive, see Wright). He is not going to pile up assists so it really turns into hero ball. If I were the Clips I would try to just get the ball out of his hands when he's rolling. Curry is a problem as well but can get cold. THJ is the guy who I would try to force to run the offense bc he is streaky and can get super cold. THJ's handle is also not as good so you can get more turnovers. All that to say, Brunson is still the long-term solution at 6th man PG.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 127, Clippers 114 - by StepBackJay - 08-20-2020, 08:48 AM