Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 127, Clippers 114
I love the Mavs so much. I love our bench, love this entire team. I love Jackson sitting on the bench and not playing one second. Dude Burke saved this game. Everybody contributed including THJ, Curry and Boban making big buckets. To me Burke was the difference maker because he was scoring at will. 

I don't understand what happened to Zubac. Did he get in foul trouble? If the Clippers are going to play small then the Mavs are going to get to the lane a ton. I wonder if the Mavs lineup caused him to sit? I know we had Boban out there for long stretches. I don't get that strategy.

I also am glad to be proven wrong that the Clippers were going to beat the hell out of Luka. Not having PatBev out there harassing him is probably a good thing even tho Jackson came in there and hit some big 3s. If Jackson hadn't hit three 3's in that first half it would have really gotten out of hand for the Clippers. 

I will say I feel a lot better ab the series now. Many of you will say the Mavs should be up 2-0 which is "possible" but assumes the Mavs wouldn't have lost the first game at the end (which they are known to do) and assumes the Clippers wouldn't have come out with much better intensity that second game. 

Splitting the first two games is a big win to me. I think if we had won that first game its possible the Clippers play much better that second game. They are really having a tough time slowing down our offense.

We have such a great offense, we are so spoiled. Look at all the movement, even late in the game guys were still running the offense. So often watching other games, you see 4 guys standing around doing nothing and 1 guy dribbling the ball, especially when you are nursing a 10 point lead. Mavs didn't do that, they kept running their offense with the correct amount of pace (not letting the clock wind all the way down) and so they kept getting buckets. This is key bc the Clippers were still scoring on the other end so it was important that the Mavs were basically breaking even throughout the 4th (or building the lead in some cases). 

Rick is a genius and it shows you that guys know how to play defense in the playoffs. As good as the Clippers are on defense, everyone in the playoffs all of a sudden raises their defensive ability (bc they are trying). So all of the sudden the gap is not as big as the regular season. 

KP + Maxi is a thing and probably one that we should have been seeing all year. Rick was pretty stubborn with playing Maxi in the KP role off the bench but now that he finally has figured out how to use Boban you can keep Maxi in the starting lineup. It's so big not having Jackson or DFS having to play a lot of PF minutes. You are seeing how effective it is with a lot of KP, Maxi and Boban back there. 

I could see this lineup being your new lineup next season or at least an option. If you get a good, athletic PF, then that person is an option in the "Maxi" spot. Mavs playing this great are all of a sudden dramatically improving their chances of attracting free agents that could put them over the top.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 127, Clippers 114 - by StepBackJay - 08-20-2020, 08:27 AM