Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 110, Clippers 118
It's also sort of unbelievable that 2 techs will get you tossed in a game anyway unless they are serious. Not all techs are created equal. KP fist pumping at no one was 1 and then other tech was him in a scrum that happens 100+ times during an NBA season. They should either make it 3 strikes or have some other sort of condition that causes an ejection besides any 2 techs. Complaining ab calls twice in a playoff game for example could "in theory" get you ejected which is just stupid.

@"mavsluvr" I get what you and others are saying that the refs are just "applying the rules given to them" but here's the problem, it's not consistent at all. Draymond Green can go completely nuts all game every game and while he does get technicals you could give him 3 times as many as he gets. There are these NBA scrums all the time. This was one of the most tame scrums I have ever seen and somehow it led to KP getting tossed in a freaking playoff game. Its just ridiculous. The refs have discretion which they use all the time and apply unevenly. If they were consistent we could just say well they are just calling the game the way they are trained to. Clearly they are not consistent at all. Both T's were terrible but I could forgive them for calling 1 "soft" T. Giving KP 2 is just unacceptable and it threw the game!

All that being said I am glad the Mavs team kept it together and didn't lose their cool like the Rockets did a couple of years ago. Fans should be going nuts right now and they are as well as other NBA ppl and NBA fans that don't even have a horse in this race. The Mavs can't do anything ab it except keep playing so I am glad they are trying to keep their head in the game.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 110, Clippers 118 - by StepBackJay - 08-18-2020, 11:16 AM