Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 110, Clippers 118
I am proud of the Mavs. They weren't rattled even though they were screwed. The Clippers came out super aggressive and I anticipate they will try to beat the hell out of Luka in every game. We will see if our beautiful refs will protect him at all. They were doing an okay job of equally missing calls on both ends until they decided the game was too close and tossed KP.

KP creates so much space on offense it's ridiculous. He doesn't even have to be shooting particularly well to have an impact. You saw with his exit that shots were much harder to get. Him playing center is a big reason why the Mavs get so many good looks.

If the refs will keep Doc Rivers from killing Luka, then Luka should be handling the ball every time in the last 5 minutes. Late in the game there were a couple dumb transition shots, one of them by Curry I remember when Luka could not be stopped. Eventually they will learn to give him the ball every time like Harden and let him do his magic.

The other big thing with KP out was that rebounding got a lot harder. I didn't mind Maxi out there with KP to help with rebounds and defense. Mavs battled and amazingly kept it close but ya the game was over when KP got tossed for no good reason.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 110, Clippers 118 - by StepBackJay - 08-18-2020, 08:24 AM