Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 4.5 pt RAPTOR & 6.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
4 50.00%
Clippers
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF GAME 1 (1st Rnd): DAL (0-1) @ LAC (1-0) | 110-118 loss
I loved the game.

Clippers went in extremely physical and took breath away from Mavs for a couple of minutes, but I was impressed how they responded. Perhaps Luka going out even helped a bit, because Clippers toned down the aggression afterwards. They were specifically targetting Luka. We have seen some good defense in the second quarter. Despite high first half score, I was ok with the defense. KP ejection was obvious turning point of the game. A weak call, but KP should also be smarter after he got first technical. After that Mavs were shocked, cooled down on offense and Clippers eventually won. 

Luka was great despite a couple of stupid turnovers and being shocked in the first few minutes. KP was good until he was tossed. Hardaway was ok for most of the game, but plays bad defense and tried a bit too much in the second half. DFS played well, was good on defense. If one more tripple went in, he would be on his season average performance. Kleber was asked to do too much on defense and couldn't connect on offense. Obviously Kawhi is too good of a player for him to guard (still, we have no other option but MKG). Curry did his part offensively, but it is difficult to play him as he is liability defensively as soon as he switches. MKG was a pleasant surprise with his two tripples and excellent defense. I wonder why he didn't play more. Wright is getting pushed out of rotation. Bobi was exploited on defense and wasn't used on offense. He was only effective when playing against Harrell, who is visibly out of shape. Trey Burke played well. He played defense, didn't force too much on offense, draw defense to him.

(08-17-2020, 11:00 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Mavs had the game in control until the ejection. Hopefully they come into game 2 with confidence and big games.

They were also shooting like 60 % from three at that time, including 2 MKG threes. But yes, they looked great and my feeling was they can win it. Unfortunately, refs stepped in.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFF GAME 1 (1st Rnd): DAL (0-1) @ LAC (1-0) | 110-118 loss - by omahen - 08-17-2020, 11:14 PM