Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
LAC in 4
11.43%
4 11.43%
LAC in 5
40.00%
14 40.00%
LAC in 6
17.14%
6 17.14%
LAC in 7
0%
0 0%
DAL in 7
17.14%
6 17.14%
DAL in 6
11.43%
4 11.43%
DAL in 5
2.86%
1 2.86%
DAL in 4
0%
0 0%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS: WC 1st Rnd - (2) LAC (4-2) vs. (7) DAL (2-4) | DAL Eliminated
I can't imagine the MBT ever learning the lesson of 2019 or any other year where they have tried to land a big FA. Many a decade from now they will change but not any time soon.

That being said they have the ability to make a big 3 this summer if they want to because they have lots of assets. Could they go ahead and get that 3rd guy now rather than wait on the Giannis sweepstakes? The best thing that could happen is Giannis signing that Supermax deal this offseason. He is the one guy the Mavs think they can get so being off the table would be the best thing we could hope for imo.

Mavs have THJ's expiring, #18, GSW, and cheap, productive players like Maxi, DFS, Curry, Brunson that could all be moved in some kind of big trade. Obviously we don't want to have to give those guys up but then you also have to consider that role guys are easier to replace than whatever the big Fish player is you traded for.

Gordon is my favorite target bc I think he's very gettable, a great fit and is young enough to fit with the same Luka, KP age window. Most other targets in 2021 are much older. Oladipo is maybe the next youngest target and he's already 28. Jrue is another guy that's been on our radar because of fit but he's already 30. We knew the Mavs were willing to get then 29 yr old Kemba so I think Oladipo is definitely in play but there's really not a long list of guys in the star/almost star mold that are available anytime soon.

Assuming the Mavs don't get the player they want I expect them to make short-term moves like 1 yr deals for FAs and/or targets on 1 yr deals like Danny Green. FA has plenty of options for role guys this year. Best case scenario to me is you get Gordon and punt on 21 or you get Gordon and find a way to dump both Wright and Powell in order to preserve cap space for 2021.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFFS: 1st Round Series - (2) LAC vs. (7) DAL | Mon, Aug 17, 8 pm Tip-Off - by StepBackJay - 08-16-2020, 01:19 PM