Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mastering the End of Game Dynamics/Game 4
Update after Portland: The pain in my heart feels like a playoff loss. But...were you not proud of the Mavericks tonight? Did it not feel like we really should have won? This was as close to a playoff game as you can get because it was a play in game for Portland. If you want playoff prep and superb end of game practice, this was it. 

1. All hail to DFS. He made what could have been a big game winning shot!
2. We got a lot of free throws and for a long time made a high percentage, especially THJ. Luka made 7-9 but he missed a big one. KP made all but one so I have to give him an A- because he too missed one more than Lillard. We are improving...a lot. 
3. Defense: against Milwaukee we continued our trend of getting enough stops. Our effort and strategy were good. Against Portland, I thought we played hard and tried several good strategies but the defense only gets a C-. Too many fouls and bad one on one defeats. If we had gotten the level of stops we had been getting, we win decisively.
4. Offense: We have come an incredible way to even better offense, including down the stretch. We are getting and making open shots in so many different ways. The Clippers stopped us. No one else has since we learned from the Houston game. 
5. This game was an incredibly good practice. We did so many things right. We win this exact game 8 of 10 times. So many things went against us and we still had and made a very likely game winning shot. 
6. There have been potential discoveries: Has MKG found a playoff role? Has Trey Burke become a legitimate scoring defender option? Has Luka truly found a way to improve his defense? Can Boban be an option to clean the boards and keep the Clippers Harrell off the boards?

In the big scheme of things, internal improvement plays a huge role moving forward. This season, especially in the bubble, we have seen much improvement and that hopefully will result sooner than later in end of game mastery.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mastering the End of Game Dynamics/Game 4 update - by Reunion Mav Old - 08-11-2020, 09:19 PM