Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mastering the End of Game Dynamics/Game 4
I have to go with coaching that doesn't respond to the dynamics of the game...but the players are also responsible.  The Mavericks are a great offensive team...with a fairly good defense.  They tend to romp around, having fun, get up 10 or 11 points...then let off the throttle a bit.  They stay 10 points ahead, but never pull away.  The other team picks it up, steps on the throttle a bit.  Suddenly the Mavs are in a dog fight of their own making.  They forget what makes them a great offensive team and start chucking away from the three point line. And slowly give the game to the opposing team.

What should they do?  Play full throttle for 48 (or more) minutes.  Quit giving the games away.  The players are too happy to romp around and cruise at 60% throttle...so they are responsible.  But...where's the coaching?  Who should be asking them to play at full throttle till the game's over?  The coaching staff.  Who should be telling them that the inside game sets up the three point shots?...not the other way around.  I could say more...but I'm a little bit disgusted.  

Waiting for the next game.  Mavs forever.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mastering the End of Game Dynamics - by ballsrchr - 08-03-2020, 11:02 PM