Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mastering the End of Game Dynamics/Game 4
First I want to thank mavsluvr for the few points threads. They are great and also helpful for analyzing any progress on the end of game dynamic. The posts breaking down the last few minutes is particularly helpful.

2. We need to console ourselves. Though it is absolutely brutal to the players and to us to keep experiencing these painful losses, they are apparently still needed opportunities for our team to learn how to win. As I posted earlier, youth has never been served in the NBA and the need to go thru the process is a huge part of why that is. 

3. To help in our consolation, I am observing a relatively fast learning curve for this team. There were numerous examples last night where we did some different and better things than we did in previous games. The ball ran thru BOTH Luka and KP with Seth serving as the primary 3rd ball handler. In addition, we did not get locked against the shot clock as often.

4. There will never be a cure for missing key shots. We have good shooters but when they miss...losses happen. I did observe us to go to the basket, Luka and go to the post, KP to try to get better shots. We did offensive rebound down the stretch. These are good things we have learned to do. 

5. Our free throw attempts and makes were both really good. That is an improvement!

6. Our defense, in spite of our complaints, has indeed gotten plenty of late stops both of these 2 games. There is improvement there as well (with plenty of room for more improvement both on the team and in need for wing defenders). 

7. I watched the Rockets last night as well. They locked down Antetokoumpo (sp?) even better than they did Luka down the stretch. We scored better than Milwaukee did. 

8. Yes, we did get hit with our own bench medicine and boy were the Phoenix bench players ready.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mastering the End of Game Dynamics - by Reunion Mav Old - 08-03-2020, 02:32 PM