Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 149, Rockets 153
(08-01-2020, 10:39 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: By contender standards, they just don't look sharp, and they are still lacking that "killer instinct" -- that hypervigilance, unrelenting every-single-second focus, aggressiveness at pouncing on every opponent error, and ability to raise their game on defense and rebounding in the clutch that seasoned contenders exhibit.

YES, SO MUCH THIS.

(08-01-2020, 11:24 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: My guess is that Rick has some long-term vision of a free-flowing, unpredictable, unguardable offense that his crew is just not close to being able to execute at this point when the opponent clamps down.

Yep. IMO (which is just that and nothing more), it feels that RC is purposely letting them try to figure this out on their own. He wants them to develop instincts before he overly controls things. 

It is funny, I use to complain and moan about RC being a control freak and now it feels like he has swung too far the other way. But I am sure there is a method to the madness. Time will tell if the method is right or not.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 149, Rockets 153 - by Kammrath - 08-01-2020, 12:01 PM