Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Scrimmage 3: Mavs vs. 76ers (118-115 OT win)
(07-29-2020, 01:12 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: I think the Horford ship has sailed even tho I like what he would bring. I just don't think the MBT wants two bigs like that even tho Horford is a versatile player. The way Rick wants to run his team is similar to Houston's philosophy which wants a lot of space on offense. Again not to say Horford couldn't provide that to an extend but I don't think a player like Al who is a PF/C combo is what Rick wants in his system.

I agree that DFS isn't a great fit at PF, especially against larger lineups. I don't know why Maxi can't be subbed for DFS in those situations except that Rick likes Maxi to slide in KP's role off the bench.

The guy I come back to is Aaron Gordon who to me is a perfect fit that lets you play "small" but with a player that plays bigger than his size. RoCo was another guy I liked who could play PF but still provide defense. In my view, this would be the type of player Rick would want in his system, not a more traditional PF.

Horford is basically a better version of Kleber. Overpaid, but better. Great defensive player and much better offensively than Maxi. Bigger tha his stats are his experience and the fact he is a proven winner. I think this kind of productive veterans are crucial for that final push. However, I would only take him if Richardson is attached to him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scrimmage 3: Mavs vs. 76ers (118-115 OT win) - by omahen - 07-29-2020, 02:32 PM