Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Scrimmage 3: Mavs vs. 76ers (118-115 OT win)
I missed this game, I am excited to catch up on DVR! Regarding Rick's comments on Reaves my observation the previous game was that he didn't play "well" overall necessarily bc his offense was a mess but man he is a dog defensively. Despite being only 6'4 he can guard much bigger players on defense. I like him as a prospect and I will be interested to see how he did against the 76ers.

(07-29-2020, 12:47 AM)omahen Wrote: 1. Good first half, but unfortunately again bad start of the second. Decent defense today
2. Kleber should start against big strong teams with strong PF. As others already noted, DFS is just too small/weak to defend those guys
3. Simmons is so overrated. Not near max player imho
4. Horford would be excellent on our team, he is exactly what we need. If Philly is looking to save some money, I am all for that Horford/Richardson deal

I think the Horford ship has sailed even tho I like what he would bring. I just don't think the MBT wants two bigs like that even tho Horford is a versatile player. The way Rick wants to run his team is similar to Houston's philosophy which wants a lot of space on offense. Again not to say Horford couldn't provide that to an extend but I don't think a player like Al who is a PF/C combo is what Rick wants in his system.

I agree that DFS isn't a great fit at PF, especially against larger lineups. I don't know why Maxi can't be subbed for DFS in those situations except that Rick likes Maxi to slide in KP's role off the bench.

The guy I come back to is Aaron Gordon who to me is a perfect fit that lets you play "small" but with a player that plays bigger than his size. RoCo was another guy I liked who could play PF but still provide defense. In my view, this would be the type of player Rick would want in his system, not a more traditional PF.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scrimmage 3: Mavs vs. 76ers (118-115 OT win) - by StepBackJay - 07-29-2020, 01:12 PM