Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What we have
(04-25-2020, 03:27 PM)omahen Wrote: What do you think about possibilities to snatch Caldwell Pope from Lakers. He had an excellent season. Full 4 year MLE might be something that he considers. And it would certainly hurt the Lakers Smile
First, I pretty much agree with everything you wrote above, good stuff. I'll answer this question above then give some extra thoughts to a few things said in your post.

I've been pretty high on KCP since his Det days and wanted him here every time he seemed or was available, so yes, I think he'd be pretty dang good here. I think the benefits to both him and us even if he stayed at this year's production would be great (although if he proved to be just another bench quality player, that is WAAAAY too many smaller guys for RC to tinker with). I see him as that Corey Brewer type, but with better potential to break out. I've been focused on a secondary ball handler to replace THJ (if we were to trade him) of the likes of Bogdanovic or Satoransky, but I think KCP would be a great addition to the team.

Now on to the rest of your post. Just a couple thoughts:

I keep thinking of a THJ regression and how much that would really hurt our progression as a team if it did happen. That is why I would welcome a sell high trade. Not that I fully want to trade him, but he is certainly available for the right price. I think Horford is a good target. I'd also like to see an OPJ/Satoransky trade for him and some ill-fitting pieces to get the 2 starters needed and "bring balance to the force" by putting starters in starting roles and bench players in bench roles (although we'd then need another starter with THJ outgoing, but DFS can still fill that role IMO with those two in the mix)

Really like your DFS thoughts a ton. I'm in total agreement.

On Wright, I think he was put in a difficult position when he was signed and seemingly told he was going to be a starter and help run the offense and then when that didn't work out for the first 3 games he was put in with the be-ready-boys crew. In that same crew there are 2 ball dominant players in JB and JJB as well as a capable ball handler in Curry. I really think he's a better for you than he is for us type trade piece, esp with that declining contract. That is unless the other team wants to pay a hefty price for JB, in which case, I think balance would ensue in his life as a very capable leader of the bench mob.

Also, great work on the OP Dan, sorry I hadn't said that earlier.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
What we have - by DanSchwartzgan - 04-25-2020, 12:43 PM
RE: What we have - by chaparral - 04-25-2020, 01:58 PM
RE: What we have - by ItsGoTime - 04-25-2020, 03:20 PM
RE: What we have - by omahen - 04-25-2020, 03:27 PM
RE: What we have - by ItsGoTime - 04-25-2020, 04:37 PM
RE: What we have - by aguiar95 - 04-25-2020, 04:41 PM
RE: What we have - by Jommybone - 06-30-2020, 09:22 PM
RE: What we have - by ClutchDirk - 07-01-2020, 09:55 AM
RE: What we have - by Reunion Mav Old - 07-01-2020, 06:12 PM
RE: What we have - by michaeltex - 07-02-2020, 09:24 AM