Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Spurs 119
Re: "3rd guy who I'd look to replace is THJ. I know... THJ right now is doing everything right. He looks to be a bonafide 3rd option on a contender, which is saying something. But his biggest weakness has and always will be his decision making. THJ can get hotter than almost anyone in the league, but the dude can also just bury his head down and force shots over and over again. Sometimes these go in, sometimes they don't. But what happens is that the offense becomes so stagnated where if THJ touches the ball, he'll shoot it, regardless of whether or not it's a good shot. This is further amplified if KP or Luka is having an off night. THJ's value has never been higher. Trying to flip him for a higher tier player this offseason should be looked at. "

I like THJ as our 3rd guy offensively. I don't disagree if you could upgrade him for someone else you should pull the trigger though. I like his shooting, intensity, defense has been solid and he can get off his own shot which is important. You need someone who can be aggressive because sometimes the offense breaks down and you just need a guy to get off a shot.

I really like this team over all I think we will look so much better with a true wing defender-type like Jerami Grant in there. Mavs already have two stars which is the foundation + many solid complimentary parts. I don't think we *have* to get another star to get to the next level. Get a guy who is a clutch defender in the mix and this could be a contender along with the natural growth from the other guys.

Remember the Mavs have changed their roster over a million times since 2011. How many consecutive years did the Mavs bring back the same guys? I have a hard time remembering, maybe the 2 years Dirk/Ellis played together they had some semblance of continuity? I like the idea of Rick going into next season with largely the same core players (with a couple of exceptions perhaps) and really building on the success from this season.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Spurs 119 - by StepBackJay - 03-11-2020, 03:08 PM