Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Spurs 119
(03-11-2020, 11:11 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I don't mind keeping these guys, but who we get needs to supplant them, not play behind them. I think it will probably take at least a couple of those guys to get who we need, which means we need to find replacements for who we use as well.

Out of all those guys, Powell should be number 1 on the list to be replaced. We've seen how KP looks when he plays the position of Powell. KP works and flourishes in that role. Furthermore with his achilies injury, we just don't know if Powell will ever be the same. His entire game is based around his athleticism. The only issue is I don't even know how the Mavs try to get off of Powell's money. To me Powell's contract is a dead 10 mill a year and that's tough.

2nd guy to replace would be DFS. If we can't move KP from his spot, that means we need to find a wing that can score consistently every single night at least 6-8 points and defend well. It shouldn't be that hard, and I thought DFS is that, but given his history of falling off hard midway through the season, and how he is currently falling off hard. His 3pt% has plummeted from 37% to 31.8%. Mavs are 20-9 (might not be up to date on that stat) when DFS scores 10+. It goes to show how just having ONE more guy in the starting lineup who can score would help this team.

3rd guy who I'd look to replace is THJ. I know... THJ right now is doing everything right. He looks to be a bonafide 3rd option on a contender, which is saying something. But his biggest weakness has and always will be his decision making. THJ can get hotter than almost anyone in the league, but the dude can also just bury his head down and force shots over and over again. Sometimes these go in, sometimes they don't. But what happens is that the offense becomes so stagnated where if THJ touches the ball, he'll shoot it, regardless of whether or not it's a good shot. This is further amplified if KP or Luka is having an off night. THJ's value has never been higher. Trying to flip him for a higher tier player this offseason should be looked at. 

Only locks to me on this team should be Luka, KP, Maxi, and Seth.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Spurs 119 - by SleepingHero - 03-11-2020, 12:10 PM