Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Pacers 112
(03-09-2020, 09:01 AM)omahen Wrote:
(03-09-2020, 08:40 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: I know everyone including Luka has room to grow, but isn’t the above on RC?  If the other team has to double one of your players, be it Luka or KP, you have won half the battle. Especially if it is an elite talent like Luka who is not doubled. Whenever we do it we seem to give up easy shots to the opposition. Where are the schemes to hurt the other team when they do this?

Or perhaps Indiana played excellent defense. Other than that:
- Luka drove numerous times, beat his guard, passed the ball to open teammates, shots didn't go in
- KP tried playing one on one, but it just wasn't his night

Not really sure what to blame on RC here.

(03-09-2020, 08:40 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: Whenever we do it we seem to give up easy shots to the opposition.

What I am noticing is that Mavs look incredibly bad at PnR defense most of the time. Either the shooter is completely open or center has an easy jam. One thing is certain - Sabonis screen is much stronger than any screen by Maxi or KP.
There screens were so effective that I was openly wondering if they were legal. I would have to watch more closely but against these physical teams, the games are much more impacted by the refs. If they allow everything by the screener and don't call excessively physical defense, it becomes so much tougher. I thought we fought very hard...especially Luka and THJ. But I don't think this team can play their best with this kind of a game. I was proud of them for fighting their way into position to win anyway, but we still have progress to make on winning these.

2-15 now when trailing in the  4th quarter. Come on Jet and Dirk, teach these guys how to win in the 4th quarter.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Pacers 112 - by Reunion Mav Old - 03-09-2020, 10:46 AM