Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Forget Who Did the Mavs Get After Trading Shake Milton?
(03-02-2020, 03:18 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 03:11 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: ^^
“most likely” makes it an assumption. How am I wrong on that? Mavs selected Milton, Phi selected Spalding. Trade didn’t happen til after those two things occurred. Everything else is assumption. 

Plenty of scenarios to “assume” went on that night to narrow it down to just the one you believe to be true...unless you were in there with Donnie.

I guess this conversation is going nowhere because all of the trades on draft night technically happen after the pick is made. Hawks drafted Luka. Mavs drafted Trae.
Not too sure what one has to do with the other, but in this thread, I said “I wonder what the comments would be like had the Mavs kept Shake”. You then said right after that “Thing is that the Mavs wouldn’t have drafted him anyway.” Among other things. Yours is assumption outside of the reality that the Mavs actually did draft Shake, which I commented that your statement was weird based on the facts.

Your assumption is that the Sixers and Mavs had a trade determined beforehand. What if the Sixers were looking to draft Milton and waited to see if he would be available at their pick. When the Mavs selected him, they called up and asked if we wanted their 2 remaining picks for him and we could dictate to them who we wanted? Is that not at least a logical scenario? I think it is, but have no idea what actually happened, cause the possibilities are endless, esp. if you get down to the specifics of the actual trade and were not there.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Forget Who Did the Mavs Get After Trading Shake Milton? - by ItsGoTime - 03-02-2020, 04:24 PM