Poll: What do you think about THJr
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Starter Hope
40.91%
18 40.91%
Master Chuckfest
15.91%
7 15.91%
Trade him!
29.55%
13 29.55%
Tim Hero Jumper
13.64%
6 13.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The X-Factor Tim Hardaway Jr.: DAL to give long term extension?
(03-01-2020, 12:41 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote:
(02-29-2020, 11:18 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: If he keeps it up, he’s good enough to be the fourth best player on a very good team.  That’s also how he should be paid, like a veteran fourth best player on a championship contender.
I've seen this comment twice now. Scott was the other one who said it. What is the going rate for a 4th best player on a contender? Honestly I don't see why he can't be the 3rd best player on a contender if KP takes that next step and we add 2 more legit starters to Luka/KP/THJ. I don't know, but I wouldn't think teams 4th best players make 15-18 million per year which is what THJ will get if he keeps up this level of play. Some are acting like he can just walk and we'll be fine. Losing THJ over money would be a huge loss at this point.

I don't agree with the approach.  You pay him what the market demands.

Sadly, I took the time to do the math anyway and you are pretty close.  I used 20/21 salary since that is the earliest we are talking about a change.  You are pretty close.  I came up with $14.7mm, but the Laker's number is super low and brings down the average.  I also didn't assume any contender added a big dollar player (probably not realistic), but simply kept their own guys.  I think your range is reasonable for what the fourth best player on the top 12-14 team is paying.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The X-Factor Tim Hardaway Jr.: DAL to give long term extension? - by DanSchwartzgan - 03-01-2020, 06:18 PM