Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Heat 126
(03-01-2020, 01:08 PM)hakeemfan Wrote: I don’t want Luka to give up the 3. He is actually a good shooter. What he should give up is the step back 3 which is a very difficult shot and he is shooting it poorly. But if he can’t give that up, I would rather he go cold turkey from the 3 pt line.
Good points. 

I am not sure whether Luka is a mediocre 3-point shooter, or whether he doesn't have a great percentage because he takes such difficult threes. Granted, he is the usual bailout option when he is on the floor, and when he gets the ball late in the shot clock, he has to take whatever he gets. However, he takes a number of difficult threes when he has time to work for a better shot, for himself or someone else. 

Luka has said before that he knows he needs to work on his shot selection. I don't look for the Mavs to prohibit him from taking threes. They tried that with Shawn Marion, discouraging him from shooting from long range. Carlisle later said that the decision was a mistake, and that they should not take away the essence of who a good player really is. But Luka could certainly work on not trying to do too much, especially as he has the luxury of great shooters around him.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 118, Heat 126 - by mavsluvr - 03-01-2020, 02:30 PM