(08-20-2026, 08:53 AM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Yeah, he stated with some certainty that the Mavs have been shopping Gafford hard all summer. Just haven't found any takers.
I think the reality of where the Mavs are regarding Gaff is less negative than what we might think when we are told the Mavs are "shopping Gafford hard". I don't think the Mavs have used that wording, nor would ever air that (even if true).
Yes I think the Mavs have been willing to trade him, and willing to consider offers.
But I don't think that openness rises to the level of what we would think of as "shopping Gafford hard". I think (and their actions seem to keep demonstrating) they do NOT feel any particular urgency to do a deal, and have a fairly high price (a FRP, and one that has relatively strong value), but until and unless some team(s) is willing to give them strong value, they have every desire for Gaff to be here and be a regular contributor. So I think that's what we should be expecting. Just my 2c.


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)