Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Spurs 103
(02-28-2020, 01:48 PM)mavsluvr Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 11:24 AM)duboh7 Wrote: From Mavsluvr:
"....On the playoff prep theme, Rick usually plays ten guys, but appears to be narrowing down to essentially an 8- or 9-man rotation in any given match, with the last couple of guys playing short minutes. Seven guys look to be locks for a playoff rotation, assuming they're healthy, with the coach seemingly experimenting with players 8-10."

I actually thought this began with the nice win over Sacto just before the AS game. {but, I haven't gone back to check the numbers to see if my eyes were seeing correctly.} Then over the AS weekend, there were all sorts of hints & comments about making a push for a top-4 seeding. I again, sensed that RC was shortening the rotation during the ORL game. THEN CAME THE DUMPSTER FIRE THAT WAS THE ATL GAME!! Zinger had played one game in the past 8 days. Over the past W/E, Luka had played the equivalent of a couple games of Horse at the Y . Yet, BOTH had to sit out!! Anyway, I agree, RC now seems to be attempting to settle the starters with an eye toward the playoffs. Unfortunately, it appears we will be facing some teams that feature very-strong-in-the-paint lineups. Likely means Kleber instead of Curry as a starter. What's the deal with WCS? He could help, some, here.
It would not shock me if Rick goes with only two bigs in the playoff rotation, maybe breaking out Boban and/or WCS for a few minutes here and there. But it's early yet. Anything could happen. I guess we'll have to watch and wait. Agree that it's hard to read much into rotations where multiple guys are out.

I think one of the keys for next year is to take away one of RC's point guards. It's not healthy for him when five of our eight best players are guards - six of nine if you count JJB - with three of the five being either slender (Wright) or little (Brunson and Curry). Replace Wright or maybe Brunson with a big wing and roll.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Spurs 103 - by Scott41theMavs - 02-28-2020, 01:59 PM