Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Spurs 103
(02-28-2020, 11:24 AM)duboh7 Wrote: From Mavsluvr:
"....On the playoff prep theme, Rick usually plays ten guys, but appears to be narrowing down to essentially an 8- or 9-man rotation in any given match, with the last couple of guys playing short minutes. Seven guys look to be locks for a playoff rotation, assuming they're healthy, with the coach seemingly experimenting with players 8-10."

I actually thought this began with the nice win over Sacto just before the AS game.  {but, I haven't gone back to check the numbers to see if  my eyes were seeing correctly.}  Then over the AS weekend, there were all sorts of hints & comments about making a push for a top-4 seeding.  I again, sensed that RC was shortening the rotation during the ORL game.  THEN CAME THE DUMPSTER FIRE THAT WAS THE ATL GAME!!    Zinger had played one game in the past 8 days.  Over the past W/E, Luka had played the equivalent of a couple games of Horse at the Y .    Yet, BOTH had to sit out!!  Anyway, I agree, RC now seems to be attempting to settle the starters with an eye toward the playoffs.  Unfortunately, it appears we will be facing some teams that feature very-strong-in-the-paint lineups.  Likely means Kleber instead of Curry as a starter.  What's the deal with WCS?  He could help, some, here.
It would not shock me if Rick goes with only two bigs in the playoff rotation, maybe breaking out Boban and/or WCS for a few minutes here and there. But it's early yet. Anything could happen. I guess we'll have to watch and wait. Agree that it's hard to read much into rotations where multiple guys are out.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Spurs 103 - by mavsluvr - 02-28-2020, 01:48 PM