Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Spurs 103
(02-28-2020, 04:10 AM)burekemde Wrote: This has really opened KPs offensive game, and this will make Luka much harder to double as well.

On top of that we also get better defensively with DP out.  

I'm glad to see so many have subscribed to my theory of why Powell's role in the O was holding back KP's game (now confirmed by the player himself).  But...

The offense was still quite good.  It just came from a different source.

Your defensive comment simply isn't true.  The team was actually 3.2 PP100 better when Powell was on the court than when he was off.

(02-28-2020, 05:21 AM)omahen Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 04:10 AM)burekemde Wrote: Really want to see KP and Maxi starting

I don't see it happen this season, as RC is strictly using Maxi as KP replacement. Otherwise I agree that line-up of Luka, THJ, DFS, Maxi and KP should be best combination of defense and offense. Despite the fact that in 54 minutes this year they didn't prove to be very good offensively. But we can hope this is just a matter of small sample. 

You can expand the sample size to 451 minutes by using 2-man line ups instead of five.  Maxi/KP together have a net rating of 4.1.  That is below the team average and as you suggest, the problem is on O, not D.  If memory serves, it used to be worse (I've pointed this out before, but too lazy to look up the number in my past posts).  If it is improving, then some reason for hope.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Spurs 103 - by DanSchwartzgan - 02-28-2020, 07:08 AM