Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Spurs 103
(02-27-2020, 08:39 AM)Hypermav Wrote:
(02-27-2020, 07:05 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: The Luka-KP magic is beyond words!
Thanks for the recap.

Nothing against DP but his injury forced this duo to figure it out sooner than later.  Still a work in progress, once they get their wink and nod communication down it is just a matter of them making their mostly open shots on any given night.  

I like the Mavs driving and kicking when contested at the 3 point line.  Really makes it tough for the defense to defend both areas.

Pop went with doubling Luka at the first of the game.  He admitted that was a mistake.  Fire/retire Pop threads are probably raging on Spurs fan forums.  What have you done for me lately...

I agree with this. DP was taking all PnN with Luka and Luka and KP never found the rhythm. It ended with KP just being outside the ark waiting for the 3 point shot.

This has really opened KPs offensive game, and this will make Luka much harder to double as well.

On top of that we also get better defensively with DP out. This is great to see. All respect to DP but that style of play was holding down the versatility of the offense. Really want to see KP and Maxi starting, this will remove layups and dunks for the other teams and force them to shot it from distance. Along with Luka, THJ and DFS (or MKG). With MKG you get the additional factor that we would force the teams to shot less efficiently from the 3 and 2 and further control the rim. With KP, Maxi and MKG this lineup has possibility to become one of the better defensive units really. This is insane to consider given how great the offense is.

We need the lineup that can bring the most intensity and defense yet maintain the Luka and KP on offensive game. I think this team could go really far!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Spurs 103 - by burekemde - 02-28-2020, 04:10 AM