Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Spurs 103
Great recap. A couple of comments.

Bench is really depleted if Seth is moved to the starting unit, as all four best offensive guys are starting joined by solid DFS. This leaves the bench with very meh offensive guys Wright, MKG and Lee. Barea-Maxi 2 on 2 game is basically the only offense this unit has. I actually missed Jackson as he has the ability to create something, although his efficiency is bad (reality or just bad slump?). Due to bad bench play, Rick uncharachteristically throw in starters with over 9 minutes to go in the fourth. Even starters struggled for a couple of minutes before they took control. Final two minutes refs took over on both sides and there are still several decisions that are unclear to me.

I guess playoff rotation will have significantly increased minutes from starters - at least 2 of our top 4 offensive guys should be on court at any time. Perhaps it would be wise to stagger KP and Luka minutes to keep one of them on the court at any time.

It was also very positive for me to see starters showing in the last quarters, that they can play good defense. I hope they can keep this level through whole game in the playoffs. Curry is a liability and will be targeted by the opponents. I noticed this for several games now, not just yesterday. As soon as he switches to someone a bit bigger and skilled, it is almost an automatic basket. 

(02-27-2020, 07:05 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: This was a good win, and a positive start to the road trip. Luka is a little beat up, and we'll wish him our best for a speedy recovery.

This!!!
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts on Mavs 109, Spurs 103 - by omahen - 02-27-2020, 07:50 AM