07-09-2026, 07:59 AM
(07-09-2026, 06:54 AM)Smitty Wrote: 1 Where I think some people might get a little carried away is thinking that they HAVE to dump salary at all costs, therefore they will send a FRP to dump an expiring. That's not how I view their situation at all.
2 I think Strus is a really good player, on a good value (expiring) contract.
Didn't most here think Klay would get back a SRP or two for a lot of the same reasons?
BUT I would take Strus just for the upgrade at the guard/wing position alone. He's a better player right now than both Max and Klay. Offers more ballhandling/playmaking, with similar shooting. He would start at the 2 for this team!
1 I am not sure the Cavs cap situation is workable without a salary dump of some sort. If I mathed correctly,, they are at about 190-195 without Harden, much less LeBron. I think the Lebron decision merely defines how much dumping they need to do.
2 I don't share your regard for the "value" of Strus. Major lack of availability. He's played only 50 2 years ago,, then only 12 last season. Not one long injury, but separate stints. He's on the wrong side of 30 (got a late NBA start). A guy who can't stay on the floor is not the answer.

