(07-09-2026, 05:08 AM)F Gump Wrote: I would also suggest that having a Big MLE slot and a big TPE and room under the tax line to work with would not be a bad place to be at the TDL.
I agree and think that's the most likely place we'll end up.
(07-08-2026, 10:48 AM)Smitty Wrote: We all want moves to be made. That's part of the fun. I think what's most likely is that the Mavs are done making moves this summer, unless something blows them away. There's something to be said about maintaining the financial flexibility through the trade deadline in February. There's no rush to use it up now. By keeping the portion of the MLE and TPE unused, and the money below the Tax/Apron, they can be really aggressive and/or opportunistic at the trade deadline.
I would say that a straight salary dump from the Cavs, in Strus, with them giving up an unprotected first round pick would meet the "unless something blows them away" part. I think that it's extremely unlikely, more so than a SnT for Watson even. But it's worth discussing on the board of course. I do think LeBron goes to CLE. I do think they trade one or both of Strus/Schroder.
Where I think some people might get a little carried away is thinking that they HAVE to dump salary at all costs, therefore they will send a FRP to dump an expiring. That's not how I view their situation at all.
I think Strus is a really good player, on a good value (expiring) contract.
Didn't most here think Klay would get back a SRP or two for a lot of the same reasons?
BUT I would take Strus just for the upgrade at the guard/wing position alone. He's a better player right now than both Max and Klay. Offers more ballhandling/playmaking, with similar shooting. He would start at the 2 for this team!



![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)