07-08-2026, 11:10 AM
(07-08-2026, 11:06 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: If Strus is expiring I would not expect them to give assets to get off him. Definitely not a first I would think. They are probably hoping for a small asset like we are wanting for Klay.
That situation changes quickly though when no one is willing to give up small assets and you're trying to take on another player. They certainly wouldn't give up the first outright but a swap or the SRP isn't out of the question. We put ourselves in a spot where we could flex a little bit of leverage if things fall the right way and having a swap on them in the 2030s could prove super valuable. (Much like the LAL 2029 when Luka leaves and that pick ends up in the top 10 so we can take Eric Dampier Jr and I can feel as old as possible).


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)