07-07-2026, 02:22 PM
(07-07-2026, 02:15 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I have no idea if it was real or not. If it would've been a simple "Dallas has shown interest in Kawhi Leonard" rumor, I would've assumed it was BS, but it's weird that an entire trade package leaked out there...I'm quite sure that leak wasn't from Dallas, but that doesn't mean it wasn't true. Maybe that was trade package Dallas was shopping around for other players and someone just connected the dots with assumption, idk, but the specificity of it seemed strange at the time and still does.
It would be nice to know but we probably never will. It could be something that Dallas saw an opportunity and threw their hat in the ring. The original Clippers package was Dick, Ingram and a first. The Clippers ended up with an extra first and some seconds.
So maybe a few things:
1) It was false
2) Clippers/Leonard leaked it to get a better offer from Toronto
3) Dallas heard about the original offer and thought they could be opportunistic
Again, it would not have been my direction with the current team.


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)