07-07-2026, 10:46 AM
(07-07-2026, 10:23 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: If it comes from the BAE, we not only would still have the full MLE, but we'd be about $16.4mm under the tax and able to use it.
I will point out again that:
1. Collins to Detroit isn't done yet
2. LAC doesn't have a center beyond old man Lopez (and I don't believe the Kawhi deal is official yet either)
3. Nothing on Mathurin (not a single rumor that I've seen).
Gafford to LAC for Mathurin works. It feels like Watson in a possible S&T from Denver to LAC might be the holdup. The outgoing Collins salary could be the match there, but what does Denver get? They can't receive a player in a S&T as a second apron team, so they'd have to get under that.
I think there is a way for Dallas to send someone to Denver in the Watson deal, but it might have to be broken away from the larger deal and fit into a TPE generated by the outgoing Collins slot assuming it generated a TPE. Does anyone have Andrew Baker's phone number?


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)