07-06-2026, 02:54 PM
(07-06-2026, 02:50 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I wonder if we are under selling Larry on our depth charts. Since we didn't pursue any guards (other than possibly Simons), is there a world where he should move up some from where you have him as the third string SG (or creator if you wish)?
I could see them prioritizing him as PG over Sasser and Nembhard. It is tougher to see them prioritize him at SG with Klay still here. Like you say, Naji might be the main creator for the bench unit which would allow Larry a greater opportunity to be a secondary creator and spacer for that unit. Naji should look very different driving to the basket with all of the spacing that now seems to be available to the team.
I have suggested that De Larra's fastest way to find success might be as an off-ball, secondary kind of guy, and I believe he has the stand still shooting percentages and size to slot into a role like that (Christie's backup?) pretty seamlessly. Just speculation on my part.
But, to your point, he has a 4-year deal, so there's no doubt in my mind they have at least a tentative idea of a long term role for him, and it probably does involve playing on-ball. I think he's going to get opportunities for minutes right away, somehow.


![[-]](https://www.mavsboard.com/images/collapse.png)