Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Few Thoughts On Mavs 107, Hawks 111
(02-24-2020, 09:18 AM)mavsluvr Wrote: Fans who think the team should be in win-now mode will disagree with the strategy, and a case could be made for that point of view.
What about the fans that could care less about “winning now” and want upgrades to how the team is built for now and in the future? Also not putting all eggs in 1 basket as the FO seems to be doing with the 2021 strategy.

We all saw lots of opportunity in the offseason that was kinda pissed away. 

We saw lots of movement at the TDL when there was reportedly not supposed to be much.

There was plenty of rumors and subsequently reports of even more movement at the trade deadline where we had some assets we could have used, but nothing materialized. We’re those cases of we didn’t have enough, or were we too enamored with players other teams wanted in a deal (besides KP and Luka)?

There were also plenty of rumors of the availability of lots more players. Same as above, were those options explored and if they were, did the negotiations go all that far based on the love for our boys in blue?

So it is impossible to even have any level of certainty one way or the other about the answers to those questions above. What we do know is that there was TONS of opportunity between the offseason through the TDL and we came away with Curry, Boban, Wright, WCS, MKG and a bunch of excuses. 

We did also get KP, Super Glue, DFS and JJB during that time as some would point out, so I might as well, but those players certainly deserve to be in a separate sentence and paragraph than the others for reasons I shouldn’t have to explain.

To me, there is too much smoke viewed in that direction for there to not be fire. If there was some fire, I don’t see a reason to sugar coat it and let the responsible parties off the hook by diverting the conversation to what our perception of their plan is. 

Sure it’s fun to speculate on what we think their plan is, I just don’t think that has anything to do with our speculation on how things have been perceived to be handled during these recent events. One could say they correlate to one another, there is just too many assumptions and leaps to take going down both roads at the same time.

Finally, better players are better.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Few Thoughts On Mavs 107, Hawks 111 - by ItsGoTime - 02-25-2020, 08:21 AM